Friday, March 28, 2003

Explaination of Content

I often have lengthy, vivid dreams. I think they mean a lot, and help me to get in touch with true feelings when they're not always on the surface when I'm awake. Sometimes, I dream clairvoiyant premonitions which come true days or months later. Or maybe it's just that if we experience enough, any prediction can be looked back upon to have truth. Sometimes I remember things in the un-conscious state that suprise me: like a forgotten phone number, or someones name, where I lost something, or an important appointment. The brain must have a strange system of information sotrage. Other times, I act in a disturbing manner towards people or things. These dreams take the longest to understand.

I think recording dreams is useful. I keep a notebook by my pillow, and when I awake, I write down anything I can remember. This is sometimes very little, sometimes more than I had expected and often written while still half asleep.

The only content I will post here will be copied from this notebook. All names of people are changed and abbreviated with initials, so please don't turn this into a guess who game. Also, I am reserving the right of censorship- they are my dreams, after all. Of what I am able to write down, less than 10% fall into this category. Some nights, I am just not able to recall my dreams, or fall asleep while writing them down.

I would be interested in your comments, and any interpretations are welcome. Maybe you see it as sort of an experiment; how much can ones dreams reveal about oneself without knowing anything else? Or maybe we all dream simillar things. Who really knows anyone elses dreams in detail? Here are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment